Hi tea fam,
It’s Daniella here again and I am super excited to be filming another Q&A.
This weeks question has been asked by quite a few people so I thought it would be great to have a quick chat about how to brew the perfect pot of tea
How to brew the perfect pot of tea, every time.
- Warm the teapot
- Reheat kettle with fresh water (it is important to actually put fresh water in the kettle rather than reboiling, the more you reboil, the less oxygen left in the water content and this can have an impact of the flavor of your tea.
- Teaspoons of tea, one per person and one for the pot
- Look at time recommendations on the back and the water temperature recommendations.
- Pour the water in.
- If its 2-4 minutes, for a weaker blend, you leave it for 2, for a full-bodied blend, leave it for the 4
- Just let it sit. Don’t swirl or touch it.
- When the leaves have fallen all the way to the bottom, you know it has been brewed well.
- Pour out the tea, people can pour their own milk and sugar if need be.
- The ritualistic process of making tea is a beautiful, ancient and much-loved process. Take time to savor in it all, don’t rush it. Be mindful of it all.
That’s all from me, keep your questions coming through! I love doing this.